23 February 2012

Lent for non-Catholics

Being a protestant I never really thought anything about Lent. In the last few years I have come to understand what it means and think it's about reflection upon our Lord Jesus Christ; not having anything in the way in order to do this. Being at home most of the week I feel lonely and end up spending more time than I probably ought on Facebook, Bloglovin, Instagram, and Twitter, and watching television (not including family viewing). Now I don't spend near as much time as I used to, but it does occupy a lot of my time that I should be spending in the Word. So, I'm going to say goodbye to them (not here as I blog infrequently) until Easter. This is a big deal my friends. I hope this time will help me grow. Are y'all doing Lent, and if so what are you giving up?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I always fast around this time. I do a liquid fast. Drink only water, broths and vedgetable soups that I puree with my immersion blender.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...