05 February 2012

My family

As my husband, whom I refer to here as The Mr, is yelling at our large telly, (don't worry, Downton is recording), I thought I would tell you a bit about my family.

The Mr and I have been married 14 years. He is a naturopathic doctor, but is actually Director of Operations for the clinic now.

When we were married I also married 2 children, whom both live with us. The oldest is a 17 (almost 18) year old boy, Alex. I also was blessed to get a daughter, Anne, who is 16. Alex moved in with us in 2006 and Anne in 2011. The Mr and I have a 13 year old, Will. I have had a few miscarriages and a stillbirth, Nathaniel that I feel guilty about not mentioning even though they are not with us. Someday I will tell you more about my babies in heaven.

I am in my mid-30s. My parents live in my home state of Kentucky, but I have lived in Georgia almost as long as I lived in Ky. I am a UGA football, Falcons, Braves fan, however, if UK is playing I can't root against them. My husband is a rower and hopes to someday race at Head of the Charles. Alex plays lacrosse. Will wants to learn fencing, but swimming is more of his sport. Anne isn't much of an athlete though she is 6'.

On my fathers side, they are all professionals, which is where my waspy side comes from. Ralph Lauren was introduced to me at a young age. Princess Diana was my favorite celebrity. Both sides of my family are predominately British (maternal grandfather was Welsh, paternal grandparents both English) so therein lies the Anglo-Saxon.

In 2002 I graduated with a degree in fashion marketing. My dream was to write for Vogue or T&C, but that was not to happen. I became a SAHM. Next semester I will begin obtaining my paralegal certification. The Lord has put my son in a position to require my teaching him, so we will be studying together and when he is able to return to school, Lord willing, I will return to work.

Well, here is a synopsis of our family. Welcome to our porch.

2 comments:

  1. *sips sweet tea and listens intently*

    Welcome back! :)

    xoxo C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caroline! Thanks for stopping by! Missed ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...