19 March 2012

Staycation

Hey there my friends! How is everyone? I hope all are well. My husband and Will (my youngest) are in NYC. They left on Saturday and will be home Wednesday afternoon. Even though I was not able to go with them Alex, Anne, and I have had the best vacation. Seriously. For two whole days I did no cooking or cleaning, well, except dishes because a house is bonafide disgusting if there's a big pile of dishes in the sink. I hate ants...and waterbugs...and most insects...at least inside of my house. Anyhoo, I finally drove! You see in December I had ankle surgery on my right ankle and I was not able to drive. On Saturday I had to drive as the fellas had to get to the airport on the southside (yes, that means that on my first day of driving since December 5th I drove through downtown Atlanta...I deserve a medal). So, I felt like a fabulous 16 year old just getting my license and had to drive everywhere. Granted I had to alternate between my left and right foot, but I was bound and determined that I was going to get out of the house. No being home the whole weekend because my beloved just had to go to NYC without me. So, my girlie girl and I went thrift shopping on Saturday. She's strong and was able to put my wheelchair in and out of the trunk of our Ford. Thank goodness for after Old Navy and Rag-o-Rama there was no way that I was going to make it through the Goodwill even with crutches. We stopped and got pizza and Eagle Brand (you have got to try Ree's iced coffee, it's addicting). We watched a movie and then I took my first of 3 thus far long bubble baths, ahhh.

Sunday, I unfortunately overslept and we missed church, boo. So, we decided to use the gift card my parents gave me and had lunch at Panera Bread. It was so good! Afterwards we perused Blick art store and I drooled over the Cavallini note cards and stamps while Anne was imagining all of the clay sculptures she wanted to make for her friends. Then we went to SuperTarget. She found a dress and cardigan that she likes. She is set for at least a month for clothes as the other two and this thinning Mama need some things too. I went on ahead and bought a few things for dinner for the next few nights. I'll go to Costco on Wednesday morning before my husband comes home so we are stocked. We came home and painted nails, tweezed eyebrows, and she put her outfits together. It's fun to be 16. A cool thing that happened all weekend is that no one believed me that I am her Mom. Granted I am not biologically, but seriously, most people thought I was in high school or college. I'll take it.

So, as you can see, it has been relaxing. Today I had to run a doctor errand, do a load of laundry, and tidy a bit. Tomorrow we will do more cleaning and I have to do the homeschool schedule, oh, and make bread. I'm weaning myself slowly back to working.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Yay for getting to drive again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to be able to drive! I haven't been out for 2 days now and I miss it1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...