14 April 2012

Some thoughts

Taken with Instagram

I had not planned on posting today, but both Ree and Giada are reruns, my husband is at the chiropractor, and the teenagers are sleeping. Speaking of Ree and Giada, in the last month I have had the privilege of buying a few new cookbooks of theirs from Costco and plan on using these books to plan my menu for next week. I bought this, this, this, and this! Woo-hoo! Everything I have ever made from either chef has turned out well.

The photo above was taken yesterday outside of my apartment building. I went outside and got some vitamin D, prayed, and thought about His creation. Sometimes we get wrapped up in our own world, however if we think about His world our problems feel less important. It has been beautiful these past few days! I'll admit that the last few weeks have stressful as we got bad news, Mandy moved in, and Alex and Anne's mom is causing trouble again.

Last night I painted my toenails for the first time in a pretty tangerine color, which by the way, is the Pantetone color of the year.

I guess I should be productive and get busy menu planning and then making lunch for when the crew rises. I have my dessert in the fridge for later. I'll leave you with the recipe.

Blueberry Salad
2-3oz boxes grape Jell-O
2C boiling water
1-20oz can crushed pineapple, undrained (I had some leftover pineapple chunks and purchased can of juice)
1 can blueberry pie filling
whipped topping

In a large bowl or large Pyrex measuring bowl combine Jell-O and boiling water until powder dissolved. Add pineapple and pie filling until combined. Pour into 13x9. Chill for 4 hours. Add whipped topping as you serve. There are recipes that use sour cream or cream cheese with pecans on top, but quite frankly my family likes homemade whipped topping much better.

Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. I am a freak for Jell-O recipes, and have at least three little cookbooks (vintage) with nothing but Jell-O recipes!

    Sending you a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...