28 June 2012

Long hair

In the picture below you will see that my hair has become very long. It's about 3/4 of the way down my back. My husband and I both like my hair. It's my joke that I may not have the body of a Victoria's Secret model (working on it), but I can have the hair!

With the sun, heat, and chlorine of summer living I have done some recent changes in hair care. Normally I use whatever shampoo is at Costco. I have been drying out my hair. My husband was complaining of the frizz so it has stayed in a braid for months. I got sick of that look so I did something about the frizz. I changed products. I thought about when my hair was the healthiest and went back to Paul Mitchell. It's a bit more expensive, but so worth it to not be embarrassed. I've also learned that I only need to wash my hair every other day and to only wash my scalp. Also, when washing, leave the conditioner on while cleansing the rest of your body then rinse with cool water. Do not blow dry your hair unless necessary and use the coolest setting. Use a heat serum if you flat iron or curl your hair to lock in moisture. I've started using Sun-In again to achieve my highlights.

Do you have any special hair tips?

3 comments:

  1. So, I will tell you what works for Loren and I. We have about the same level of humidity and hair types. You are not as oily as the rest of the family, so I will give you Lo's routine (her hair is about the same length, too). For shampoo, we use Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying. It is a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way. Check it out...I think you will love it. I was her hair every 3 days (or when it needs it), then I follow with Frizz Ease Intensive Treatment conditioner. Leave it on 3-4 minutes, comb and allow to air dry if possible. Her hair is always perfect. I do the same with mine but on a daily basis. Even Frannie complimented my hair last week and said it looked like gloss. It's a big deal when Frannie compliments! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks for the tips! Where do you get the shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's available on Amazon. My hairstylist keeps is for us ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...