08 June 2012

National Iced Tea Month

photo from Tumblr

June is National Iced Tea Month. As a Southerner it is in my blood. I actually prefer all of my drinks chilled (Iced coffee, iced tea, iced water with mint). Until recently, quite literally as I drank my weight in it every week. My sister and I have been addicts for years. Since I've been dieting I don't drink it very often primarily because of the calories. When you only have 500 calories a day, you have to be selective. If you're interested in how I make my sweet tea then read this post.
photo from Tumblr

Now I drink fruit flavored teas. My favorite is peach tea. Sonic has the best (and if you go between 2-5 every day then you get it half off!). It's low calorie yet delicious. At home I make Celestial Seasonings Country Peach, yet, let's face it, it's not as good. I also have various fruit teas from Trader Joe's. This way, you have the sweetened fruity taste without the calories from the sugar.
photo from Sugarpie Farmhouse

Miss Janice has some great tips on tea etiquette! Go visit and tell her I said hello.

Have a wonderful weekend dears!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea it was Iced Tea month! I do adore a nice cold glass of sweet tea-- but it IS a lot of calories, isn't it? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a passion we do not share. I might make tea once a month...if that. I don't dislike it, but it's not my choice. T's mom made it EVERY SINGLE DAY and drinking a glass still makes me think of her! Happy Iced Tea month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...