18 September 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... Cloudy, rainy skies; green leaves on the trees; birds and squirrels frolicking

I am thinking... how to be graceful when stress takes over one's life

I am thankful... for a husband that cares enough about his family to go to work even when he doesn't feel well

In the kitchen... right now...a mess from breakfast! Soon though it shall be clean and will have tomato basil soup simmering for dinner (served with quesadillas)

I am wearing... black long sleeved Ralph Lauren polo shirt (rain makes me want to be warm even though it's near 80 outside), Old Navy skinny jeans, and bare feet (when I leave I put on my silver flip flops

I am creating... well, I'm compiling, a great many items to be put on Craigslist

I am going... to pick the children up from school and co-op in a few minutes 

I am wondering... how to fight my fast food cravings

I am reading... Is Everyone Having Fun Without Me by Mindy Kaling, new Tea Time magazine, Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola (again!), and my audio book for the week is Bossypants by Tina Fey

I am hoping... to be mindful of my surroundings and not get caught up in my own world...enjoy my family and God's creation

I am learning... about Ancient Rome as Will and I study in humanities class

Around the house... gear up for fall 

I am pondering... how did I get 2 flat tires this morning from nails when I wasn't near a construction site

A favorite quote for today... "How can a pleasant home atmosphere, together with the discipline of good habits and a curriculum that includes ideas (to think about) help your school days run smoothly and happily?" -Pocketful of Pinecones, Karen Andreola

One of my favorite things... pumpkin spice iced coffee

A few plans: try some new recipes, a date with my husband, school, putting up fall decorations, taking two of the children and myself shoe shopping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...