02 December 2012

Christmas Cards

If you know me in real life then you are aware that I love getting and sending handwritten mail. As Buddy the Elf would say, "it's my favorite". Every Christmas one of my favorite traditions is sending Christmas cards. I usually purchase cards from Family Christian Bookstore or Lang. My "theme" always is something remembering the real reason for the season, the birth of Jesus Christ, and there is usually a picture of a church on it and usually snow. I adore snow.

The other day Muffy posted on her blog asking if people send out handwritten notes. Honestly, that never occurred to me. I have never received a handwritten Christmas card. We get the picture cards and boxed cards that are typical, yet warmly received. The thought of spending days handwriting letters on embossed stationery with a fountain pen sounds so Jane Austen-like...and impossible. I know it is not impossible, but maybe difficult to fathom doing. After seeing all of Muffy's comments though I am reconsidering the practice. I'll go to FCB this week and see what they offer this year. If I don't like it then I'm left with 2 choices. A picture card through Red Stamp app that I print on photo paper or I get out my stationery and get writing-by hand!

What type of cards do you send?


4 comments:

  1. Oh I always write my Christmas cards, are yours all printed up? I've only ever received handwritten cards too. Over here it tends to be businesses who send printed cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS No fountain pen though, I'd be one big stain at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabs, I usually purchase printed card, but add a few lines by hand. That's how most do it here, that is if they write anything at all by hand! So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun coincidence, I just read Muffy's post. We send out boxed cards, and on isolated incidents include a handwritten note, but not often. I do like the idea though, but would probably not be good about making time to actually implement it!

    Sending you a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...