09 January 2013

Pants

 Alrighty, pants...they are a pain and a half. I don't know about you, but I've been struggling to find pants that fit correctly. Lately, if I'm going to go somewhere then I put on a dress with tights (or I'll admit, I've worn long johns while in the car then remove them before walking in somewhere). If I'm home, I'm still wearing yoga pants, jogging pants, or gym shorts. I know that it's on my goals to change this, but I haven't. I'm going to tell you why.

After wearing jeans in the car for just 1/2 an hour by the time I get up, they fall to my knees. Seriously. Every single jean I have found. I'm finding this to be true of most leggings as well. During the Christmas season, I went to Sam's Club to get some groceries. I was ducking behind boxes so I could pull up my leggings! It's not cute to see a lady pulling up her pants. I finally gave up, and thankfully, I had on a long sweater as they were almost to my knees by the time I left! My husband has had endless amount of laughter at my pulling up my pants all day!


I think it's known to y'all that for years now I've struggled with my weight. I've been yo-yo-ing for years. Most Americans are doing the same. The statistics of obesity are alarming. Yet, most people, primarily women, wear skinny jeans. I like skinny jeans...IF they stay up. I've tried Gap, Old Navy, and the Not Your Daughters jeans. None of these worked. Since I don't think that jeans are flattering on me, I'm not willing to pay top dollar. Do you have any recommendations?

Y'all are probably surprised to note that I do not currently wear khaki's. Khaki's and a polo are the typical WASP woman's uniform. It used to be mine. I've had a hard time finding any that fit comfortably as well. For my birthday, Mother and Father bought me a new pair, per my request, from L.L. Bean. I told them to get me curvy fit. My waist is significantly smaller than my lower half of my body, so I thought this would be a good fit. Wrong. They actually emphasize the fact that my bottom is so much bigger than my waist that it's ridiculous. I've returned that pair and ordered the original in a size larger so we'll see if those work. Then, hopefully, I can stop looking so unkempt and follow my goal of looking nice for my husband!

Images from my Pinterest


2 comments:

  1. LLB curvy fit pants are the WORST! I swear my backside is 4 sizes bigger in them.

    I get everything tailored...and wear a belt. The belt helps the waistband from stretching while sitting (I have the same problem - suffocating at 8am, pants falling down at 4pm) and also keeps pants up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granted I'm a size tiny, but I am curvy and have challenges finding jeans that don't end up stretching and giving me dumpy butt syndrome. My favorite brand to avoid said dumpy butt is American Eagle ~ Artist Cut:
    http://m.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=1435_7605_991&catId=cat90120

    Kut from the Kloth aren't bad either, and Nordstrom hems for free so that's a plus. :)

    xoxo C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...