12 March 2013

Whiny Tweets

Today I posted at least three whiny tweets. I am a very optimistic person; not quite Pollyanna, but pretty close. Today was an Anne day. I've felt pretty much every emotion possible, which resulted in whiny tweets. So unlike me...

Nothing particularly bad happened, but nothing seemed right. This time change is truly driving me crazy. I'm exhausted then O.D. on caffeine, get revved up, crash and become frustrated, then have more caffeine. I had given up caffeine for about a month until last week when I had half/half and now it's getting out of hand. Today I had half/half coffee, iced tea and Mt. Dew. The only caffeinated drink I didn't consume was Red Bull. That may be required by the end of the week!

We have even more changed our eating habits. I haven't had fast food in over a week! It took seeing we spent about $100 last month on fast food for me to wake up. You can find healthy fast food, but it's not easy. M is on Weight Watchers and it isn't fair to tempt her to eat something unhealthy. Lord knows I need to lose weight so why spend money on food that will make us fat? I think though that the lack of fast food is making me a little cranky. My body is used to bacon biscuits not oatmeal or eggs every morning. Dinners are super duper healthy. Today was the first soft drink I've had in weeks.I think in time though my body will adjust and the healthy food will be easier to consume. Missing biscuits though may take some time! :)

Also today I went to 3 grocery stores, THREE! Only 1 store had a working wheelchair (messed up ankle surgery acting up). That's so tiring. First, I went to my least favorite place, Walmart. Wanna know why it's one of my least favorite places? Ever since I found out that $1 in $4 is spent on groceries at Walmart it made me concerned about the small farmers. Still, they have cheap toothpaste and stuff. I left there giving the huge conglomerate $180, which made me feel guilty...even though I bought a cute tank top to sleep in this summer. Next, husband and I went to Costco and spent $118. Last, we went to Trader Joes and spent $50. So, we're now broke!

Mostly, I think the reason for my crankiness is I'm late, and no I'm not pregnant. As I've gotten older, my hormones have gotten more erratic  I'm only in my mid-30's, but this year, I'm feeling the changes for the first time since beginning my monthly at age 10. The doctor thinks I may be getting endometriosis.

All of these things have led to a series of whiny tweets today. So for those of you that have read this post and my Twitter account today, I apologize. There will be less Jonah and more Pollyanna very soon. I just took a Benadryl...

4 comments:

  1. Haha...this too shall pass. :)
    And eating healthy gets easier with time. The trick is finding healthy foods you enjoy so much you crave them. For me, that's:
    Raw Marinara Sauce over Zucchini Noodles
    Dehydrated Papaya Sticks
    Blended, soaked cashews with maple syrup and berries
    Flax Seed & Bell Pepper Crackers
    Massaged Kale Salad w/Mango, Avocado, and Lemon
    Mashed Sweet Potato w/ brown rice & steamed bok choy (sauce of 2 parts mirin to 1 part soy sauce)
    And good, old-fashioned lentil loaf with a heaping side of grilled asparagus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, do you make these foods yourself or purchase them already made? IE, do you cook the zucchini noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make everything from scratch. Zuchini noodles can be made one of two ways:
    1. Take a potato peeler to a thoroughly washed zucchini with ends chopped off (fettuccine style).
    2. Buy a spiralizer (about $20 on Amazon) and use that (spaghetti style).

    I could talk food all day long. ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Here in the south, I never would've thought of that. I recently saw that on Pinterest. What is a lentil loaf?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...