14 April 2013

It's All Good


For years I've always admired Gwyneth Paltrow's acting abilities, long blonde hair, and aristocratic good looks. She is a devoted daughter, wife, and mother. Now, in addition to starring in my son's favorite movie franchise (outside of Star Wars), Iron Man, Paltrow is a healthy living advocate and cookbook author. I read her first book, My Father's Daughter, but did not purchase. I was not into healthy eating as much a few years ago. Since then, I spend much more time to focus on all aspects of healthy living. Fish oils and multi-vitamin will not cut it any more. Nutrition is medicine. Paltrow feels that way and lives that way. She has received much criticism for her feeding her children nutritious food. My husband is a Dr. Oz addict, and we watched an episode last week where Paltrow was demonstrating her cookbook recipes, and she mentioned that her children do eat gluten free Oreos or something un-healthy sometimes too. 

Paltrow's new cookbook It's All Good, is about healthy comfort food. Being in the land of Paula Deen, comfort food is where it's at. On Oz, she shared her recipe for fish fingers, so I believe I can share it here without breaking any copyright laws:

Mustard + Old Bay Fish Fingers
.25 Vegenaise
2 Tbsp. coarse seeded mustard
1 Tbsp. Dijon
1 C plain gluten-free bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp. fine sea salt
4 mild white fish fillets cut into 3" fingers
olive oil spray
lemon wedges for serving

Preheat the oven 450. Line baking sheet with parchement and set aside.

Whisk together the Vegenaise and mustards. In a separate bowl, whisk the bread crumbs, Old Bay, and salt. Coat the fish fingers with the mustard mixture, then dredget them in the bread crumb mixture, tapping off any excess. Lay the fish fingers on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with spray, turn fish fingers, and lightly spray the other side. Bake for 8 minutes, turn the oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes, just to get the fish fingers nice and brown. 

One of my favorite aspects of the book is that in the back she has menu plans for elimination (cleansing), body building, families, and generally healthy eating. I'm trying a few recipes this week and if it's as good as I think it is then, it will be a purchased book, which is rare. 

5 comments:

  1. I really like the book but haven't had the time to pick my way through all the recipes yet, but I definitely want to add a few of them into my meal plans, I eat the same things all the time and need to move it round a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the great work!

    Also visit my blog post - paydayloanspup.co.Uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I'll have to check it out. I'd love to see her family friendly recipes now that I am meal planning for my nanny family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all should give a few recipes a try. I've used it for dinners all week and each have been successful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked her first book so I'll have to find this one.

    Mrs.S Britcomfan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...