09 April 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook




Visit The Simple Woman for more Daybook's

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... Spring has definitely arrived in Georgia! The trees are budding. Birds are singing me songs. Pollen has covered my entire car. (Yesterday I had my iPhone out as I was in the car with the windows down and within minutes my phone was covered!) The temperatures are warming quite quickly.

I am thinking... about how this is the first day I've had a few hours to myself in weeks...it's a nice change. :)

I am thankful... Pioneer Woman's Iced Coffee. 6:25 came a little too soon this morning!

In the kitchen... Funfetti cupcakes, Blueberry salad, and I just had a Chobani greek yogurt with Nature's Path Granola for breakfast. I'm making the children pizza for lunch this afternoon. Dinner will be chicken pot pie and salad. Of course the cupcakes & blueberry salad too.

I am wearing... LL Bean navy with cream stripes sailor shirt and navy jersey skirt, pearls, and J. Crew flip flops that are cream with navy anchors, wedding band, and charm bracelet.  

I am creating... sketches of some spring dresses that I would love to make.

I am going... to pick up the teenagers from their respective locations, Publix (bread is BOGO!), library, post office, and Michaels.

I am wondering... so many things...why 3 powerful women died this week (beloved Lilly Pulitzer, the Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher, and Disney's Annette Funnicello), will we go to war again with North Korea, schooling for the kids, etc. 

I am reading... The Happy Herbivore and Being Dead isn't an Excuse.

I am hoping... to have direction on my career path.

I am learning... in homeschool we are studying sentence diagramming in Grammar, writing paragraphs correctly, and studying Europe in Geography. 

Around the house... continued spring cleaning. It isn't going as fast as I'd like, but our weather has been erratic so it has been delayed a few days. I need to clean the children's closet then I can finish the baseboards. I'm hoping a child will need money so I can have them do the boards like they did the windows. :)

I am pondering... what life must be like for the birds outside of my window.

A favorite quote for today... “I'm only a housewife, I'm afraid." How often do we hear this shocking admission. I'm afraid when I hear it I feel very angry indeed. Only a housewife: only a practitioner of one of the two most noble professions (the other one is that of a farmer); only the mistress of a huge battery of high and varied skills and custodian of civilization itself. Only a typist, perhaps! Only a company director, or a nuclear physicist; only a barrister; only the President! When a woman says she is a housewife she should say it with the utmost pride, for there is nothing higher on this planet to which she could aspire.” ― John SeymourForgotten Household Crafts

One of my favorite things... Listening to Podcasts.

A few plans: finish spring cleaning, focus on getting back into our routines from spring break, continue workouts, pray about what to do next, and enjoy my family!

Photo of my day: These are the Funfetti cupcakes I made on Sunday.





1 comment:

  1. I like the quote on being a housewife. I heard that it is the most trusted occupation in the world. A realtor is supposed to be the least trusted. The honest realtors who might read this, are exempt, I'm sure.

    Edith Schaeffer (in her nineties) went to be with Jesus recently, too. She had an influence on my life.

    Your sailor, navy and stripe, sounds smart. A sailor dress in blue is still in my closet - a Laura Ashely from the late 1980s with a wide sailor collar and double breasted front bodice. Those were the days . . .
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...