30 July 2013

Almost Caprese

B and I went to Trader Joes on Saturday to get some groceries. It was our 3rd store and I was feeling some definite pinching and soreness in my back, so needless to say, I was ready to go home. In all of the hubbabaloo I forgot to get mozzarella for our Caprese salad. Oopsie Daisy! I contemplated sending my husband to the grocery but just decided to create my own version. 

2 tubs of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large bunch of fresh basil, cut in ribbons
Sea salt to desired
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Combine in a bowl. Easy peasy!

Without the cheese, I realized it can have more uses, such as:
Combined in risotto
Mixed with onions as topping for turkey burgers
Adds freshness to tomato soup
Add to lettuce and feta and you have a salad
Place on top of grilled chicken

Enjoy summers delicious bounty!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Farrah,

    I am glad to read that you are able to get out some after your recent back surgery. I know from experience what a feat that can be. I pray your healing continues.

    You won my giveaway for the Monograms issue of Victoria. Please send me your address, and I will get that out to you.

    Blessings,
    Melissa
    Alittleloveliness@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you! I emailed you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...