15 July 2013

summer is half over


In less than a month all 3 children go back to school. I may not be homeschooling B this year. I'm worried about him going, so I will be praying! 

Yesterday I made a delicious cheese pie with macerated Georgia peaches on top. It was delicious! Here's the recipe: 2 8oz bricks of softened cream cheese, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, juice of 1 lemon. Combine all ingredients and blend with a mixer until smooth. Pour into a graham or shortbread prepared crust. Chill for 3-4 hours. Take 3-4 room temperature peaches and peel and de-pit them. Place them in a bowl. With a potato masher, mash the peaches. Pour onto the top of the pie right before serving.

What plans do you have for the rest of the summer?

4 comments:

  1. It truly is hard to believe we are in mid-July. Makes me a bit sad to be honest. Praying for good decisions for B's upcoming school year. It's always a struggle to make the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summer has brought a lot of fun but also a lot of heartache for our family.I lost my stepbrother in March, had my baby girl diagnosed with Down Syndrome in May and my 6 year old twins lost their dad unexpectedly a couple weeks ago. This will always be thought of as the summer of 2013 for us and I am afraid all that will be remembered are the bad times. I've taken it upon myself to write in a journal some of the good times...as good memories for the kids later. Our little trip to the amusement park, our days visiting & being lazy at the city pool, making homemade ice cream & cupcakes. Hopefully it will teach them that "when life gives you lemons...take time to sip the lemonade."

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds so good!

    Thanks for sharing that recipe!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...