16 October 2013

Bubble Pizza


On Menu Monday, I shared with y'all that I am making bubble pizza. This is a recipe that I got from Quick Cooking magazine years ago. My sweet (now departed) MIL used to buy me that subscription every year. I haven't made it in forever after we began eating healthier. I didn't know about the bad uses of partially hydrogenated oils at the time. About a year ago, Trader Joe's began carrying canned biscuits, cinnamon rolls, crescent rolls, etc that do not use partially hydrogenated oils. If you do not have a Trader Joe's near you (sad!) then you can get Immaculate Baking Company at most grocery stores (they are at our Publix, Kroger, Target). This is my recipe for my family, but you can easily half it, or use less biscuits and more meat, etc.

Bubble Pizza
1 lb ground beef, brown.
1 jar pizza sauce (or spaghetti)
1 cup shredded mozzarella (or cheddar if that's all you have)
pepperoni
2 cans biscuits, cut in quarters

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Brown your ground beef; drain. Slice up some pepperoni, maybe 1/2 a pack and place it in with the beef. Pour the sauce over the meats; mix to combine. Butter a 13x9 pan and spread the biscuits to a single layer. Pour the meat mixture on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes more, or until the cheese has melted/browned.

It's so easy and yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...