24 December 2013

Christmas Eve Traditions


A few weeks ago I talked about traditions. We have a typical Christmas Eve tradition of eating a really junky dinner, watching Polar Express, and opening Christmas pajamas. When I was growing up my parents did the same except we would watch home movies. Our home movies are all on VHS, and our VCR is not hooked up so we are not able to do that tradition the last few years. B had to have a large and fancy television a few years back and there wasn't a spot to hook it up along with the Blu-Ray player and cable box and Xbox 360. Silly men. Anyway, before next year I need to have them all put on DVD so that we can start that tradition once again, although Polar Express is a fun movie and I'm into it every single year as if I've never seen it before. Before bed the children open their Christmas pajamas.

This year's junky appetizers have included:

Homemade sausage balls (I found local pork sausage that is chemical free!)
Mozzarella cheese sticks and marinara sauce
Neiman Marcus dip and chips
Cranberry Pinwheels
Chocolate Chip Cake Bars
Peanut Butter Fudge

It's just the 5 of us and there's plenty of leftovers. However, tomorrow I'm making:

Breakfast is pain au chocolat from Trader Joe's and leftover sausage balls.

Dinner will be:

Fried Turkey Breast
Macaroni and Cheese
7 layer salad
Cranberry Jell-O salad

I will not be making any further desserts as my stepdaughter is pre-diabetic and my husband struggles with sugar issues himself. We do not believe in using artificial sugar so just small quantities of the real thing. Truly, the Jell-O is mainly for me :).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...