16 January 2014

Dinner Shortcut

Now that I'm back to cooking all of our meals, I've begun cooking larger quantities in order to reduce the duration of my cooking. For instance, for lunches I may make a bunch of quinoa or pasta to use for salads or even supper. I will put a large (thawed) bag of chicken in a crockpot with chicken broth and bay leaves, bake, then shred. I make chicken noodle soup, BBQ, and/or chicken salad croissants. Or, I will make 3-4 pounds of taco meat. I'll make tacos, taco salad, taco soup, or on a cheese dip. Buy pre-chopped salad and a baguette, and your meal is done!

What are your kitchen shortcuts?

2 comments:

  1. I always make cook enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day. Also, I find breads to be time consuming. I do bread day one day a week....I cook all my bread for the week, including muffins and pancakes, then freeze them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do a baking day! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...