01 January 2014

in with the new...

2013 was one of the worst year's of my life, yet I learned so much about what truly matters in life. Six surgeries (4 for me, and 2 children got their wisdom teeth out) for this year, job losses, MIL passing, one child moved out then moved back in after getting into some trouble, one child graduating from high school, homeschooling another, and so much more. This year isn't starting out much better as my grandfather is in hospice hospital in KY and will pass soon. He's a wonderful man that loved me like I was his own grandchild. I'll tell more later as I'm just a bit to sad at it all. My oldest leaves in a few weeks for basic training in the Army. So many changes.

Still, after this insane year, I can honestly say that I have three things that I know. 1. My husband is solid. He is a rock. Yes, he has his vulnerable side and has spent many hours crying over his losses this year. Yet he and I are stronger than ever. 2. God is there even when you doubt. 3. Life is always worse for someone else.

This year's goals are very simple:

  • Read the bible every day.
  • Spend time on myself. After 4 surgeries, I've neglected my hair, nails, skin, and clothing.
  • Write my grandmothers every week.
  • Continue to make sure my husband knows we are on the same team.
  • Be as good a mother as possible.
  • Read every day.
  • Laugh as much as possible!
  • Learn to embroider and knit.
  • Go off social media on weekends. 

3 comments:

  1. Great Post!

    I think your list is wonderful, too.

    Here's to a wonderful 2014!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real wisdom...Go sister!! :) Love, Julie (Boo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by Julie & Deana!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...