29 January 2014

Snowmageddon

I don't know if you've heard, but us in the Deep South are enveloped in a vast sheet of ice with a few inches of snow on top. We are safe and sound, unlike many. If you know of someone out in the elements stranded in their cars, or if you live in Atlanta and are able to get out and about, please follow Snowed Out Atlanta. The National Guard is trying to get those that are stranded home and bring medicine to the elderly.

For our house we are all safe and sound in our warm home. We currently have electricity and plenty of food. Our birds are well fed too. Our parking lot is a sheet of ice so we are not able to back out of the space. Tomorrow our highs will be 43 so I think we will be able to leave on Friday. Yay!

We have spent many hours reading, watching movies, doing homeschool, and working. What do you do when you're snowed in? 






3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am the odd one, because I love it! I take our my dog and we go for long walks and play in the snow. It's just wonderful. And then coming home for a comfort drink/meal and a movie makes it even more special. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! I love the snow, but the ice is treacherous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a Red Cardinal outside the window!? I've always wanted to see one (I'm a complete bird-nerd). Hope you are staying safe - and warm!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...