07 February 2014

Friday Five Beauty Edition

If you recall, one of my New Year's Goals is to spend time on my appearance..namely my hair, skin, makeup, nails, and clothes. I'm doing a little better, but not great on that front. I'm still not painting my nails as intended, but I'm wearing more than nightgowns as I'm able to get out of the house. I don't really wear much makeup, but I do at least put on lip-gloss and sunglasses.


In December I went to the dermatologist and they said that I have rosacea. It's quite frankly not a surprise as my mother and several of my cousins have it. I've found a great cleanser and moisturizer that work fairly well, Aveeno Ultra-Calming. I'm going to try the Clinique Redness Solutions line as I need a foundation and may try out samples of the skincare as well. I've been working hard on remembering to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! And drink water!

I've been trying out some new shampoo, but after researching I am not washing my hair but every 3 days. So, on the second/third day I thought I may need some dry shampoo. Again, I'm using Aveeno, but have found out that the Bumble + Bumble is the best. I'm also using a extreme moisturizing shampoo that is sulfate free.

I'm wanting to go to drybar to get a blowout. I hate spending money on myself but I think getting a haircut and possibly a blow out would be nice.

Last, my makeup. My makeup is whatever I can get for free from CVS but I'm head over heels into Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette. It's a rosy bronze neutral eye shadow palette, which is perfect as I am a summer. This, a little bronzer, mascara, foundation for skin tone unevenness (when necessary), and Burt's Bees lip shimmers are all I would need.

Bonus: I'm ready for spring, and read that St. Tropez is the best self-tanner.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always curious about the products people use! Thanks for sharing your list.

    Jan in PA where it's freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Urban Decay!!!! I'm glad that Aveeno works for you...it's super cheap. What's not to love? I, unfortunately, can't use it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...