10 April 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please follow along at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...It is beautiful...perfect spring weather. We have not had a true spring in a few years. We typically go straight from winter to summer within 2-3 weeks, but this year we have enjoyed cooler days and cooler nights (cool for Hotlanta is 60's/40's). Today it is sunny, with a light breeze that is making the Dogwood's out back slightly sway, the birds are chirping, and the high is expected to be 70 degrees.

I am thinking...I need to find a balance between being a push over and "losing it". It must be the progesterone I'm taking, but quite frankly, I will take and take and be pushed and pushed and then when I finally say something I lose it and the family is like, what's wrong with you. I need to figure out ways of speaking up about feeling stressed or whatever is the issue without spouting off and losing my cool. 

I am thankful...To walk. Last night I was texting with a friend that has fibromyalgia and I asked her if she was eating well and exercising. I'm doing pretty well on the eating front but because of my back surgery last year exercise has been an issue. I was feeling frustrated, but then I thought at least I can walk. We didn't know if I would be able to as I didn't walk unassisted for about 6 months. I can't wait until our neighborhood swimming pool opens as that I exercise I can do!

In the kitchen...Breakfast: Oatmeal with peanut butter; Lunch: leftover GF green onion and cheddar corn muffins and salad; Dinner: tuna patties (for the non-allergic) and roasted asparagus, strawberry peach smoothie for me; Drinks: Strawberry lemonade and tea

I am wearing...I am staying home today so plaid pajama bottoms and light blue v-neck.

I am creating...Our lesson plans for the rest of the year.

I am going...To be home today.

I am wondering...Does anyone have any tips on working from home while homeschooling your high school child?

I am reading...At Home in Mitford (starting the series again), latest Garden & Gun magazine, and school books.

I am hoping...to get a better schedule. This week I have been waking up at 7am yet still going to bed around midnight because I get so caught up reading that I'm laying there with my eyes half-open so I can continue reading. I need to learn to turn off the light!

I am looking forward to...resuming our picnics in the park this Sunday.

I am learning...to embroider...slowly.

Around the house...I finally packed up my oldest son's clothing in bins for when he's finished with his training. I need to start spring cleaning!

I am pondering...Can one do it all and do it all well?

A favorite quote for today..."For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." Audrey Hepburn

One of my favorite things...Clinique's Redness Solutions foundation. It's amazing for my rosacea.

A few plans for the rest of the week: We are taking it easy today and tomorrow school-wise, but I will be working. Haircuts and some spring clothes shopping tomorrow. On Saturday we are free! On Sunday we have church and picnic planned. With my allergies in high gear though we will see how it goes.

A peek into my day...This is the pollen on our (rented, for now) Prius.

I hope y'all are having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. On another daybook, someone shared a quote that says something like "The things that we take for granted, someone else is praying for." It convicted me heavily just in your post about being grateful that you can walk. I take that for granted all too often. I pray you feel better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Hilary. Yes, there's so much in our lives that we can easily take for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...