23 July 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook 7.22.14

Please follow along at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...The grass and leaves are green, flowers in bloom, and surprisingly mild for Georgia in July. I'm used to upper 90's, but we are mid 80's to 90. It may be mild, but it's still quite humid, so hair needs to be considered. ;)

I am thinking...we need to do something to help Israel. 

I am thankful... to be slowly getting over bronchitis but my sinus and ear infections are still present even after 2 rounds of Zithromax.

In the kitchen... chocolate chip pancakes and both turkey and pork bacon for supper.

I am wearing... pink, brown, and white striped tank maxi dress.

I am creating... not much right now.

I am going... (went) to Target to get the Vanity Fair with Prince George and Kleenex's.

I am wondering... which path to take for my son's school this fall.

I am reading... Ham Biscuits, Hostess Gowns, and Other Southern Specialties.

I am hoping... to be well soon.

I am looking forward to... this season of Cedar Cove, and yes, I'm embarrassed to admit it in a public forum.

I am learning...to embroider...slowly.

Around the house... my husband has done an excellent job of keeping the house in order since I've been down. There is nothing major going on...just trying to keep on top of everything.

I am pondering... would I prefer to be Anne or Diana's friend more. Am I the only one who visualizes fictional characters as real life people that I could become acquainted with in some fashion?

A favorite quote for today... "This obsession with food and entertaining is not my fault. I grew up on a place where restaurants were few and cooking was of paramount importance. We give food away as presents and peace offerings, and sometimes just because it is so incredibly good that we have no choice but to share it. We tote it to people in times of grief; we use it to say bon voyage or welcome back." Julia Reed

One of my favorite things... Burt's Bees chapstick.

A few plans for the rest of the week: working, reading, farmer's marketing.

A peek into my day... my Father's birthday was a few weeks ago so I took this picture of him with (from L to R) my youngest, niece, and nephew and framed it. He loved it!

2 comments:

  1. Farrah,
    Sorry to hear that you are down with an infection.

    Oh, I like pink, brown and white together as colors and maxi skirts and dresses.

    Anne or Diana's friend? Hmm. I'd be happy to be caught in the middle.

    It is nice to be able to pick up fresh produce at the farmer's markets and roadside stands. I love the local peaches and blueberries here now, tomatoes, and eggplants, cucumbers, etc. Extra work in the kitchen, indeed, but the soft sunlight evenings are good for reading.

    How fun that you've begun embroidery.




    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, Karen! I sent you an email today so be on the lookout for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...