28 September 2014

Menu Plan Monday


Sunday
salad

Monday
coleslaw

Tuesday
salad

Wednesday
roasted green beans
gluten free garlic biscuits
(How to make spaghetti squash in the slow cooker)

Thursday
thai green curry chicken** 
brown rice
stir fry vegetables

Friday
cracker/biscuit/roll tbd

Saturday
chicken sausages

**Recipe**
1 jar of Thai Green Curry sauce from Trader Joe's
2-3 large organic chicken breasts (depends on if daughter is home)

Dice up the chicken in smallish pieces; saute in coconut oil until brown, drain. 

2 cups of brown rice
4 cups of boiling water
2 tablespoons of grass fed butter

Boil water, add brown rice and butter. Bring back to a boil then turn to a simmer (medium or #5 on my electric stovetop) and cook until water is gone, about 30 minutes on average.

1 bag of stir fry vegetables

Cook on high in coconut oil until no longer frozen.

Add the rice to the pan of chicken and pour jar of sauce on top. Serve the vegetables on the side.


5 comments:

  1. I'm coming to your house to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too.
    Menu planning is the scourge of my life, I honestly loathe it and would live on toast, I'm not at all methodical and it challenges me in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, y'all are welcome! Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just what I was thinking.
    Can I invite myself over to eat at your house?
    Your meal planning seems marvelously executed with a healthy and tasty variety of dishes. You have pizzaz.
    Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the shoutout - did you like the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...