07 October 2014

For Today

For Today
October 7, 2014

Outside my window... breezy, sunshiney warm day. We have to close the windows tonight though as tomorrow it will be warm again. I enjoyed the five days they were open.

I am thinking... that I am blessed.

I am thankful... that 9 months into serving in the Army, that my son is safe and healthy. I'm sending a care package today and hope enjoys his chocolate.

I am wearing... pink fit and flare dress, black capri leggings, black ballet shoes, hair is long and straight.

I am creating... schedules for doctors appointments as our insurance changes at the end of the month so I need to fit everything in.

I am going... to the post office today. 

I am wondering... if online school is a good thing for Bry.

I am reading... One Nation by Ben Carson, MD and listening to Love Letters by Debbie Macomber.

I am hoping... to be able to attend my niece's wedding in Ohio the beginning of next month.

I am learning... how to switch my blog to Wordpress.

Around the house... printing pictures to hang on the walls kind of like a gallery down the hallway.

In the kitchen... see yesterday's post (breakfast was biscuits and gravy).

I am pondering... whom I will vote for next month.

A favorite quote for today... “Success is determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.” 

One of my favorite things... The Archers podcast

A few plans for this week: outside of work, errands, and church, just finishing the pictures and getting them hung.

A peek into one of my days from this week... My son, Bry, getting his haircut


2 comments:

  1. Online school has been a wonderful option for my Anika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the quotation. I read it to my son as we experienced an exasperating "hurdle" today.

    Your pink outfit sounds sweet and feminine.

    A hair cut around here is usually a momentous event for a certain two reluctant persons.

    Do people really eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast? I suppose it must make a nice change. (I'm teasing.) You have at least one Yankee reader who eats an crisp apple and then a bowl of hot oatmeal with a rationed drizzle of Vermont maple syrup.

    For his last three years of college my son took on-line courses and graduated.

    Yes, you are blessed.
    Joy, Karen A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...