06 October 2014

Menu Plan Monday


I'm trying some new dishes that I found on Pinterest this week. So if you try them know that they are not tried and true recipes of mine. I will leave an asterisk beside them so y'all know. I still think having a small repertoire of dishes is very important, but why not try a few new ones? This week's recipe is not elegant, but is comfort food, and that's what fall and winter are all about. I found a variation of it in an old issue of Taste of Home's publication of Quick Cooking that I believe is no longer in print. My mother-in-love knew that when I married I knew absolutely nothing about cooking so she gave me a subscription for a number of years. That magazine really helped me build confidence in the kitchen. Vegetables are subject to change based on shopping this week.

Sunday
Roasted asparagus
Trader Joe's Harvest Blend salad (the pumpkin croutons were amazing!)

Monday
salad with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing

Tuesday
Sloppy Joe casserole (see recipe below)
coleslaw

Wednesday
black rice
broccoli

Thursday
gluten free biscuits
cheese tray (for protein)

Friday
roasted butternut squash
salad

Saturday
gluten free spaghetti & meatballs
brussel sprouts

Sloppy Joe's Casserole
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Brown 1 lb. of hamburger and 1 onion in 1 tbsp. olive oil; drain.

While browning, mix 1 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup mustard (whatever you have on hand, but I use Dijon), 1 tbsp. chili powder. Once the beef is browned and drained, then pour the sauce over the beef and mix. With the stove turned off allow the sauce to warm while you mix the rest of the ingredients.

In a 4 cup or larger mixing bowl, combine 2 cups Bisquick (I use Pamela's Baking Mix as it's gluten free), 2 beaten eggs, and 1 cup of milk. 

In a lightly greased 13x9 dish, add the meat mixture. Sprinkle it with 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I have used cheese slices before and it was delicious!). Pour the baking mixture over the cheese. sprinkle with 1 tbsp. sesame seeds if you have them on hand. Bake for 25 minutes. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...