03 October 2014

On My Radar

A few years ago Ruthann posted on her blog that she listens to the Little Women (the 1994 version) sound track. She mentions it every Fall and last year I finally purchased it on iTunes. Now it's what I listen to and thought y'all may like to listen to it while perusing this post. Speaking of Ruthann, check out her Fall ebook and read it with a cup of apple cider or iced PSL (if you're in the South and it's still in the '80s, like me). It will get you in the spirit!


It was just a few weeks ago that I wrote a blog post on my franco obsession. Here is a few more articles about French style. Paris Fashion Week just ended and inspired me to share these: Secrets of French Style and A Chic French Beauty (I love her take on Kim Kardashian's body.)


Did y'all participate in Pizza Hut's Book-It program? One would need to read a certain number of books and when completed would take a voucher for a free personal pan pizza. The chain is bringing it back for us Gen Xers that participated in the '80s and '90s. Enroll now: Book-It Alumni.


I took this screen shot from my iPad this morning. As I was making my morning list and folding the laundry that my husband washed and plopped on the couch for me to fold, I watched the first episode of Gilmore Girls. The complete series is on Netflix as of today, as is Sleepless in Seattle. I really only care for the first 5 seasons. In my opinion, the writing just went downhill and unlike many people my age, I'm not okay with sleeping around. I'll probably watch Sleepless for the 500th time and enjoy it as much as the first time I saw it in the movie theater with Aunt Sunny.

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. There's so many changes lately and I've found that I'm not seeing many, many posts by friends. Marketers follow what you like and you're forced to see ads. My "friends" are primarily posting pictures rather than having conversations, which is the point of social  media. There's another new social media outlet called ello. I look forward to it being ad free! Here's Forbes Magazine review of ello.



2 comments:

  1. Ermahgerd I adore the Winona Ryder/Susan Serandon Little Women movie. I listen to the soundtrack every holiday season! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...