10 December 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today
December 10, 2014

Outside my window... the sky is dark but clear (well, as clear as can be with living in a large city). It was a bit chilly today with a high of 52, but the sun was shining so it was brisk but nice. Our bird feeder is currently spinning from the woodpecker eating the new suet brick I put out. Other than the spinning bird feeder, it is very still out back. The bare trees are not moving at all.

I am thinking... of how my life has been changing lately. But it's all good, just different. The verse of everything being a season is true. I'm realizing that my mommy-ing years are nearly over, though I know that they will still need me as they leave. (I don't think Bry will leave until a girl has talked him into marrying her.)

I am thankful... to be able to go out Christmas shopping this year. Last year I had just had stomach surgery and was not physically able. This year I've been out every day for nearly a week (and love it!).

I am wearing... black leggings and black long sleeved and baggy Ralph Lauren Polo shirt. I had on black ballet flats earlier but feet are bare. Hair is in a bun. 

I am creating... a Christmas decorated home (minus the tree so far).

I am going... no place tonight, but went to Bethlehem to the post office, visit an old and dear friend, and lunch at Chick-fil-A.

I am wondering... if I'll ever tire of listening to Christmas music. I start in August!

I am reading... Ali in Wonderland by Alexandra Wentworth.

I am hoping... to get my shopping and wrapping done before my husband comes home on Sunday so all we have to do is celebrate.

I am learning... how to be less prideful. I struggle with not wanting to be "liked" or "followed" on Facebook, Twitter, or even here.

Around the house... finish getting the decorations up.

In the kitchen... dinner listed on Monday's post and Funfetti cupcakes for dessert.

A favorite quote for today... " . . . There is an undeniable satisfaction in using our own sheer animal power and energy. We feel a deep sense of satisfaction when we alone are the engine that makes something happen."
-Alexandra Stoddard, Gracious Living in a New World

One of my favorite things... my new gold headphones and gold phone.

A few plans for this week: shopping, shopping, shopping, wrapping, wrapping, wrapping, watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

A peek into one of my days from this week... 
The Mr. with Dr. Roizen 


5 comments:

  1. Handsome hubby!

    I keep wondering if it's pride, or simply the love of geography and curiosity that keeps me checking to see who's visiting my blog.

    Sounds like you have a handle on the holiday preparations. I'm getting there too!

    Merry Christmas,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you did not have surgery this year and can enjoy Christmas shopping, too during our pretty holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,

    I'm getting there. I have tonight and tomorrow to finish wrapping before the husband returns on Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney,

    Thanks for stopping by. We both love shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Farrah!
    Do you live near Bethlehem??

    His
    Mrs U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...