09 January 2015

our christmas celebration

Now that it is freezing, literally, I think it is the perfect time to listen to Christmas music, again, and share with y'all our celebrations. So, if you're feeling like you're in Antartica, grab some coffee (or cocoa or tea, etc) and hang out with me for a few minutes as I share our holiday with y'all.

For the first time in five years, my husband and I decided that we were going to go to my parents house for Christmas. Let's face it, at 95 I don't know how many more Christmases we will have with Nana, as well as my cousins and aunts and uncles. When the matriarch and patriarch pass, it's less likely that the siblings and their children will get together for holidays. This was proven to me this year when no one got together since Muzzie and Papaw passed.

So, we went and had the best time! M decided not to go with us, which I was bummed about, but I told her that she can't ask me to choose between my last living grandmother and her, and she didn't. M insisted that we go. So, 3 days before Christmas we celebrated with her at home.
She and Bry opened their annual Christmas pajamas. Mother began this tradition when my sister and I were young and I've continued it.
Bry was allowed to open his stocking.
Here M is finding out that we are paying for half of her school and she begins crying.
I think she had a great Christmas, well, early Christmas. I don't think she was too thrilled with spending the actual day on her own, but she understood why.

So, on the 23rd, we drove up to my parents. Traffic was horrible and it was raining the whole way. Poor Mr. was struggling the whole way to see, and my have had wine that night. (he did.) We went to see Nana alone on Christmas Eve. It was so nice to have one on one time with her. Then we took our time going back to my parents and enjoyed the countryside that we rarely see here in the big city. Mom made delicious dinner and we watched Christmas shows. On Christmas morning, Bry woke up to his presents. All were for his online gaming...mouse pad, headphones, Steam cards, etc.
(Mom's tree is so pretty!) 
After presents and breakfast, we went to Nana's. It was so nice to see everyone. It's fun to see all of the great-grands playing with eachother. 
Nana and my niece
My sister and Nana.
Mom and her babies (my sister and I no longer count, ha!)

I don't want to share pictures of other family members as they may not want to have them on here.

The next day Mother and I met with my old Girl Scout trip that I was in for 11 years. Afterward, Mr. and I went to my aunt's to get Christmas presents and see her new house. It is EVERYTHING that I would want. 

My sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and niece came over for dinner and to open presents as a family. It was such fun! 
And, per our tradition, after eating and presents, we watch our old family movies. The "kids" love seeing themselves as kids.
This is Nick and Bry.

This was an unusual Christmas in that N is deployed and M was working so neither could come with us. Add that it was the first Christmas without Muzzie or Papaw and without everyone seeing eachother on that side of the family. Still, it was a wonderful Christmas that I will always remember. I hope yours was too.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...