02 February 2015

Monday Morning Musings

Good Morning Friends! Here are a few thoughts from my weekend:
  1. I made wings, spinach artichoke dip, homemade ranch, homemade hummus, and vegetable platter for the Super Bowl viewing for the family. The piece de resistance was Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats! TDF!
  2. Spending hours upon hours of organizing my husband's papers is not what I call"enjoying a weekend". The house is spotless (minus the pile of laundry) and he is organized for the week ahead. His OCD self is just elated, and that makes me happy no matter how boring it was to do.
  3. What was with all of the Depressing Super Bowl commercials? The only good one was Doritos*. Their marketing team are geniuses at their craft.
  4. I feel so bad for the Seahawks. The quarterback made a horrible decision in the last minute that cost them the game. I am a Falcons fan so I had zero interest in either team, but the Patriots only won because of a single bad decision. It wasn't a blow out or anything. At least it was a game worth watching until the very end. Katy Perry's show was good, but became awesome when Missy Elliott sang songs from when I was in high school and college. Why didn't Lenny Kravitz sing American Woman? 
  5. General Beauregard Lee did not see his shadow so we will have a Southern Spring quite soon. Honestly, our temperatures have been mostly mild, so this isn't a surprise. Gen. Lee has a 94% accuracy rate; Phil's is only 39%. Of course it's chilly today, but only 2 days this week will our lows be below freezing. In February. Works for me!
  6. If you have Netflix, watch Burt's Buzz. It's a neat and surprising documentary on the founder of Burt's Bees. We also watched Living on a Dollar a Day and it was so surprising how positive the Guatemalans were even though they lived in huts and had little income. I had to turn off American Ham within 5 minutes. Nick Offerman is a little too gross for my taste.
  7. We had a friend of mine and her family here over the weekend. It's close quarters, but she and her 4 children were able to fit into two twin beds and just one on a mat on the floor. I suppose we need to get another mattress for when they, or other family visit, but most of all because...
  8. PVT. NICK WILL BE STATESIDE TODAY!!!!! He will have a month off, but I'm not sure exactly when he will be able to come home for a visit. I'm excited to see him. It has been a year since he left home for basic training and went immediately to Africa, where he has been for 9 months.  
*

Edited to add: He's arrived in America safe and sound! 

3 comments:

  1. I am pretty organized with paperwork, receipts, business cards, etc., but my (pretty new) hubby, who is not only a productive business man, but who handles most of our finances (but NEVER my (to the penny) checkbook). I bought him a Neat Desk, which scans and reads all his receipts, notes, etc. A real stress reliever!

    Welcome home, Pvt. Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically we have a Neat Receipts scanner thingy, Jan. He has a lot of sales literature that he hasn't figured out where to put them for his leads so I had to create that for him. It is a lot of brochures and such so he can't put them through the scanner. Oh well, it's done, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burt's Buzz was FASCINATING! He is quite the eccentric, isn't he?
    I keep meaning to watch Living on a Dollar a Day, but have built it up in my mind to be a tear-jerker, so I keep putting it off.
    xoxo Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...