13 March 2015

Daybook

For Today
January 21, 2015

Outside my window... a ladder backed woodpecker is pecking away the last of a brick of suet. The sky is gray and dark, and it looks like it's lightly raining. This is the only chilly day we have had recently and will have for the next ten days so I shouldn't complain, but's just so dreary!

I am thinking... that I hope to someday go to PFW (Paris Fashion Week). 

I am thankful... that we have been able to see our son, albeit briefly. He's starting air assault school in June and then will probably be deployed afterwards. It makes the few moments we see him special. 

I am wearing... emerald green long sleeve v-neck t-shirt and Christmas pajama bottoms. Mother has never been a sweatpant/legging girl. Casual is jeans or khakis. I'm quite fine with leggings, thank you, but today, with the gloominess and time change difficulties, I'm going to stick with pajama bottoms. 

I am creating... our budget. The Mr. and I have joined Financial Peace University and this week we are to do a zero based budget. For this free spirit, it ain't easy.

I am going... nowhere today. Like the wicked witch, I'm afraid I'll melt in rain. ;)

I am wondering... if race relations will ever be settled.

I am reading... Wife in Law by Haywood Smith. This week's magazine is Porter.

I am hoping... to do better in my eating this week. Yesterday all I ate is oatmeal at 10 am then french fries topped with taco meat and cheese at 5. So, no vegetables or fruit and lots of fat. I purchased Tone It Up Nutritional Plan, but have yet to start. 

I am learning... to let go as instructed to by Elsa.

Around the house... cleaning and organizing and purging.  

In the kitchen... I have no idea what I'm making for the day. I've been slacking on meal planning. Dinner will probably be salmon patties, but don't quote me on it. I have a peanut butter pie though.

A favorite quote for today... Rose: I hate, loathe, despise, and abominate money! Father: You spend it too. (Meet Me In St. Louis)

One of my favorite things... is listening to my family laugh together. 

A few plans for this week: not much. I expect it will be a quiet weekend.

A peek into one of my days from this week... here is a picture of my husband and son seeing each other for the first time in a year.

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking of making chocolate peanut butter pie this weekend! I haven't made it since before Sarah was born and I have a bit of a craving for it.
    I pray that the new financial approach becomes easy quickly for you.
    xoxo Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline,

    I made a peanut butter pie in a chocolate crumb crust for N's birthday. It's DEEVINE! Thank you for the prayers.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you all have gotten a little time with your son. I can't imagine how difficult that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not fun but it is what it is. I miss him but am so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...