02 March 2015

Monday Morning Musings

Happy Monday! I'm not feeling particularly chipper today. It was midnight before I fell asleep last night and I woke up at 6 am, so I am 2 hours short of sleep. I don't do well on less than 7-8 hours of sleep. I forced myself to get up at 8:30 after trying for hours to fall back asleep with podcasts. Thankfully we live less than 5 minutes from Starbucks. So armed with an Iced Caramel coffee with an extra espresso shot and cream and a bacon biscuit from McD's, let's do this.


  • This Black Bean soup recipe from Real Simple is literally (a la Chris Traeger) the easiest soup recipe. It's my husband's favorite and has only 4 ingredients (not counting toppings). The key is the fresh salsa.
  • Lilly Pulitzer has a free gift TODAY ONLY. You'll get a cute pair of earrings with any purchase. I'm dying for these shorts. Yesterday was #ShiftToSpring. My only shift is primarily white and I'm Southern so it would totally be a faux pas to wear it, but Easter is in a month! 
  • It appears to be finale week on PBS. Last night's Downton and tonight's Great British Bake Off both! I mean, why PBS, why? You are taking away my favorite shows at the same time! It's weird to me that British shows have such short seasons. American season's are typically 20 or so episodes, but British appear to be 10 or less. They must have a ton of reruns over there.
  • For my Northern readers, I saw about 20 or so American Robins in my yard! You know what that means, right? Spring is actually going to make an appearance! We will be 70 on Wednesday, but 39 the next day, so it won't last long. Soon though, windows will be down and flip flops will be on. I must start lathering Burt's Bees Foot Lotion and cover with socks in preparation. 
  • Here in Atlanta we have a new radio station. I was flipping through and heard a Ludacris song and of course I had to stop and listen. It reminded me of Freaknik. That was a weird time. I remember being on 75/85 in my Nissan Stanza and stuck. I couldn't move! All of these people were getting out of their cars and picking each other up. This was my first time observing this and I'll admit that I was a little scared being a white girl from Kentucky. I had just left Scott's Antique Market looking for vintage clothes for my History of Fashion class. The next few years I avoided downtown until it stopped. It was a fun memory though of the party in the street like Mardi Gras, and just the one song brought back that memory.
I hope everyone has an ab fab week! Put your lipstick on, grab some coffee, and get it done!

P.S. blue and black or white and gold?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the soup post--sounds yummy and will be good during the upcoming snowstorm! Sorry you are sleep deprived today :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, another upcoming snowstorm? Blasphemy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, another 10" possible. So done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO! That's insane! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...