23 March 2015

Monday Morning Musings

Good Morning Readers!

How is everyone today? It's rainy and a little chilly on my porch today. Spring in Atlanta means two things: pollen and volatile weather. I've woken up to crusty eyes and a dull yet persistent headache for about two weeks. You never know what you're going to wake up to each day. It could be 40 degrees at night and 75 during the day. We've had 90's then snow in March. It makes dressing for the day interesting!


I LOVE the Monogram app (@monogram_app). I've had it for a year or two and love playing with it at night while "watching" tv (listening). They uploaded the spring backgrounds...Easter and gingham! I made some for my sister and Mom, as well as for myself. It's a $2 app, but oh so fun.


I have been missing The Great British Bake Off since the Season 5 Finale a few weeks ago. I've begun watching the first 4 seasons on Youtube. They also have Masterclasses for seasons 3-5. Judges Paul and Mary are the cooks and show the audience how to professionally make what they ask the contestants to make. We are a gluten free household, so I wouldn't make it unless it was to be given away, but I love seeing the professional techniques. It's too bad Jimmy Carter dropped the ball on the whole metric system conversion. 


On Saturday I was grocery shopping at Aldi and found bird feeders, suet, and birdseed for super cheap. If you're a bird enthusiast, like myself, or just think they're pretty, Aldi has the cheapest bird food around. It's much cheaper than Home Depot, where I was spending nearly double on the same, albeit different brand, but ingredients are the same. I currently have a female Cardinal on my chalet.


My friend, Karen, whom if reading this needs to respond to my email from like a month ago ;), recommended author Paul Gallico on her last blog post. I got this and "Mrs. 'Arris Goes To Paris". The writing is very well done, but these three short stories were a bit sad. I like the whole happy ending kind of story, but I understand that isn't always realistic. I began Mrs. 'Arris last night. Last week I read Sadie Robertson's book called "Live Original". I. Loved. It. I sent it to my niece after reading it. Being a teenage girl is tough stuff. I hope Rea enjoys it. Here is an excert from it:


I hope everyone has an awesome week! Dinner will be vegetable soup and Pamela's cornbread. Or maybe tomato basil soup. I'll decide tonight. Maybe Gluten Free Brownies and whipped topping will be included. Maybe. It is almost swimsuit season. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...