09 March 2015

Monday Musings

Did everyone have a good weekend?

Ours was pretty good. It ended up different than I thought it would, but that's alright. Our only car decided to stall. Thankfully we were not on the highway, but pulling into my husband's office parking lot. My husband knows a lot about cars and his fear was a fuel pump, which on a Cadillac, are quite spendy. We had it towed and one of his co-workers brought us home. We had the weekend here and honestly, it was very productive. I went through the closets and used the Magic of Tidying Up regimen to go through the clothes, books, etc. I have a pile for charity and listed a bunch of stuff on Amazon, Etsy, and Craigslist. Some items have already sold. We found out the car, which ended up only being a sensor ($200+ less than a pump!) will be fixed this afternoon! I didn't make it to the outlets, but they won't be going anywhere.

In the cleaning and organizing I was able to put away the tweeds and wools. I know we technically have until March 20th to wear them, but after looking at the temperatures, they will NOT be needed. The lows will be in the 50's so I kept out the cotton sweaters and my barn coat, but made plenty of room for those to be put away in the next few weeks. 

Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy is seriously the best nail polish I've ever used outside of Chanel. It lasted through cleaning my entire kitchen and bathroom. It goes on perfectly and shiny. I find it lasts about 3-4 days, which is longer than Essie or OPI, and costs much less. Winning!

Y'all have got to check out Queen Bee Comes Home Again. It's hilarious! If you like Southern fiction that isn't an emotional rollercoaster (a la Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood) you have to check out Haywood Smith. I was reading and reading when on Saturday my husband came over to me and said "you know we leave in 5 minutes" and I was still in my pajamas, oops!

Dinner will be parmesan chicken and big salad.

Tomorrow is my oldest son's 21st birthday. We won't be able to see him, but are thankful he's back in the States. So since we know he will be doing on his big birthday, my husband and I will have some spirits to celebrate too. And pie. 

What are your plans for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...