13 May 2015

Draper James


You've probably heard about this already, but in case you're not following Reese Witherspoon on Twitter let me give you the info. She has created a Southern lifestyle company inspired by her Southern upbringing called Draper James. Mrs. Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon Toth was raised in Nashville.She chose to name the company after her grandparents, Dorothea Draper and William James Witherspoon. Now THAT is Southern.

The Draper James website is fun too. There's a blog post, about me video, and a section on Southernisms that I, being a Southerner, find funny and spot on. There's a section on throwing good parties and another on Reese's favorite Southern cities.

Now let's talk about the goods. They're all adorable. She uses a lot of navy, which is a perpetual classic, especially when paired with white. Muzzie hated the color black for clothing (including funerals) and she has passed that on to me. I literally have 1 black dress, 1 pair of black leggings, and 1 black shirt. That's it. Navy is my favorite neutral. I'm not going to say that Draper James is inexpensive, because it is not. That being said, it is cheaper than most Kate Spade items.

Here are my current favorite items:
 Bristol shirt and short (heart the magnolias!) 

I wish Draper James all the best in their new business venture. I hope it is successful in proving to the rest of the country (and world) that the American South is not full of hillbillies.

PS. If I lose another 10 pounds, I'm totally purchasing that Bristol short set. Love, Love, Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...