01 June 2015

Monday Musings

Well my laptop (and husband) is back from it's visit to Texas. It did not get swept away in a flood. ;) While it was gone, I went to the pool the first time this summer. Oh, it was so good. So relaxing. I mean, your tunes, fashion mag, tanning oil, and sweet tea are the only requirements to have a good time. I managed to once again get a bit too much sun, and minus the risk of skin cancer, was so worth it.
My son and I ate nothing but junk and watched massive amounts of television. Everything my husband hates! Copious amounts of Hallmark Channel and maybe a few episodes of Southern Charm. I was not a fan of Pizza Hut's bacon stuffed pizza as I thought I would be. I mean, it has all of my favorite ingredients besides potatoes-cheese, pizza, and bacon. Somehow, they didn't get it right. Next time I'll stick with my regular pan pizza topped with bacon and pepperoni. The Chips Ahoy creme filled donut at Dunkin'...so scrumptious! The Braves won again on Saturday night so on Sunday I picked up my free iced coffee (caramel, of course) and splurged on the donut seeing as I didn't really eat much pizza.

I spend less time than I ought on cosmetics though I love to look at them. The other day I was in Nordstrom and came across Clinique's new Pop Lip colors. They are absolutely gorgeous. Basically it's a primer and lipstick in one, and supposedly lasts 8 hours. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to get it as I need a new foundation, which alone does not cost enough to get the Free Gift With Purchase. Obv. the way to save money is to spend more in order to get a gift. ;) Dave Ramsey would be so proud.

Have you read the article on the former business lady that quit her $95k job to serve ice cream on a Caribbean island? It is very different than other travel bloggers that say you suck if you work in a cubicle or are a SAHM. There's trials everywhere, but just ask yourself where you'd like to have those trials, including chickens in your shower. 

Last week my husband and I headed to K & G on Howell Mill Road to get him some things for his trip. I was beyond excited when we walked in and the first thing we saw was a seersucker suit. I have begged my Midwestern Yankee husband to buy a seersucker suit for 18 years to no avail. He still wouldn't as he has in his head that only lawyers from Oxford wear them. I mean, hello, he's lived in Atlanta like 30 years so he knows that's not true, but I guess it's too Southern for him. I did talk him into getting a pair of seersucker shorts. That night I opened up the latest issue of Garden & Gun magazine and found this article on wearing seersucker. Now, I wonder if I go back and buy the sport coat if B would leave the house wearing it.

I hope everyone has a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...