16 December 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today
December 16, 2015

Outside my window... is so warm. It is just before 4:00 and 74* outside. It is unseasonably warm for December. There have been days of Christmas shopping in short sleeves, as I was today, but it is rare. Normally I would be fussing but this year, I'm fine with it. Tomorrow we cool down about 30* but by the weekend it will be back to highs in the 60's. It is safe to say the flannels I purchased to be worn on Christmas Day can be returned.

I am thinking about... how it does not feel like Christmas because of the weather. I had my car windows down with Christmas music playing on the stereo. Haha! 

I am thankful... that I am 95% finished with my shopping. I need to get teacher gifts tomorrow for Friday and that is it! 

I am wearing... black silky shorts with nautical flags and polo shirt

I am creating... my Christmas cards (well, writing them out). This is one of my favorite traditions.

I am going... no where else today. I went to Target, Walmart, GameStop, and Sam's Club earlier today. 

I am wondering... if Michaela will miss us as much as we will miss her next week.

I am learning... to just be. Changing people is not easy, but changing circumstances can be. Until then, I'll be content.

In the kitchen... dinner will be pasta for Bry and I while Bryan eats healthy salmon and brussel sprouts. 

I am reading... Love Does by Bob Goff.

Favorite Quote... 

A peek into my day... what is your opinion? Honestly, I'm over this tree since we've had it forever and I can't decorate it since it has all of these holly berries and pine cones all over it. B loves it though so I let it go but I think it needs more lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...