07 January 2016

2015 Review and 2016 Goals


2015 brought a little bit of sadness but a lot of homeostasis. No surgery, only one cold, and a lot of time spent at the swimming pool means a pretty good year. Oh, and of course the new British princess was born and I'm obsessed with the royal family!

Spring was a doozy with my contract with the university I worked at was not renewed then my daughter moved to CA. I rarely talk about my job situation, but I am still looking. I know what I want to do and am doing my best to find the best position. It will happen but just not soon enough for impatient me.

The summer was very nice! I was at the pool around 4 days a week for an hour or so to swim laps and get some sun. One of my aunts was just talking about how tan I am at Christmas so it has not all faded away. 

Fall brought another change. My daughter graduated from her course and my son completed air assault school in the Army. My youngest son began public school for the first time in 5 years (he attended private then online school before returning). So I was back to early mornings and carpool lines. I am glad that he's going to graduate next year from the same school his brother graduated from a few years earlier. We did not travel at all this summer because of my husband's job, so when we left for Thanksgiving to go to Ohio it was wonderful! Leaving the city for awhile is always nice. Then for Christmas we went to my parent's house

And here we are...2016. I have been thinking a lot about resolutions/goals? Every year I make them but rarely follow through with them because I make them unattainable. Lose 20 pounds in 2 months? No. Put in 50 hours serving others in about the same amount of time? No. Give up Mountain Dew? Ha! I do not want to make promises that I cannot keep so this will be pretty simple:

Hustle. Work. That's it. Expand my blog, write, and tweet for businesses. 


Oh, and join a bible study. I have missed being in one and I need more gals to have lunch with on a regular basis.

I'll throw in drink more water and swim when the pool opens.

What are your goals for 2016?

Here are my goals from other years: 2015, 2014, 2013

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job search! Career changes are always stressful but I have no doubt you will land what you want! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...