22 February 2016

Monday Musings


In today's M.M. I want to talk about some of the things I've noticed lately. These are not consequential by any means but I wanted to just write my opinions as one does sometimes with a blog. Being off of social media has made me more aware of...so many things! Focusing on  friendships has been the number one thing. I felt like I had to be on Facebook all of the time to cultivate my friendships but in actuality, it's the opposite. Calling, texting, or writing my friends and family has made them seem closer somehow, even if it is just typing letters into the phone, I feel more of a connection. Cultivating friendships has been so important to me but tweeting it is not really necessary to enrich your friendships, but may actually make them more distant. You may know what kind of coffee or doughnut they ate for breakfast but the likelihood of them tweeting about how they had a stressful morning getting their child to preschool and running late for work made them need that doughnut. So I'm putting it out there, if you're stressed or have something fun to share, text or email me! I so want to know!

Outside of loafers, I do not care for tassels of any sort. I really do not understand the current tassel accessories trend. You will not find any on my purse or ears. Striped shirts? That is a trend I can (and have for years) get behind. I'm scouring the net for my next Breton shirt purchase for spring.

Yesterday I got Starbucks new Smoked Butterscotch Iced Coffee. It wasn't bad at all. It tasted like a was eating a Werther's candy and drinking coffee. If you like Werther's then I think you'll like the Smoked Butterscotch. I do not like latte's so I get an iced coffee; it's cheaper and way less milky which means more caffeine.

My cousin, Elizabeth, and I were having a conversation about church fashion. She goes to a country baptist church and they wear dresses and such every week. I go to a nondenominational city church and though we have expensive brands (hello preppies in Alpharetta), we are most decidedly casual. It was ingrained in me to always wear a dress, or at least dress pants, to church as a girl. Mother always made sure that my sister and I were dressed appropriately for all occasions, including frequently hitting up the department store on Saturday for a new Sunday dress. Having this put in my head as a young child, I just cannot wear jeans and sweatshirt like some people. I have infrequently worn leggings with a RL OCBD and ballet flats, but usually it's a dress with leggings under if it is chilly. Do you go to church? If so, what do you wear?

Spring is in 4 weeks! I suppose I ought to consider changing my ringtone from It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas. Hahaha!

Bry loves himself some Chinese food. Over the weekend he asked me to make him some fried rice. Normally I just put some butter in a pan and open a bag of fried rice from Trader Joes. Ha! Gotta love TJ for that reason alone-convenience. Well, I didn't have any but had leftover brown rice so I improvised and he liked it. So easy!

Fried Rice
Put 1 tablespoon of salted butter into a medium sized pan on medium-low heat. While that is melting, crack 2 eggs into a bowl and scramble. Pour the eggs into a pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Make scrambled eggs; take out of the pan.

Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan. Once melted add the cold rice. Stir until lightly browned all over (approx. 10 minutes) then add 1 cup of mixed vegetables. Cook until it's warm. Add the cooked eggs back to the pan. Mix until combined and plate. You can add some cooked chicken, tamari, or orange sauce if wanted.

I hope everyone has a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...