17 February 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today
February 17, 2016

Outside my window... the sun is going in and out of the clouds. The birds are chirping and going to town on the suet and seed. The temperatures are moderate for Atlanta in February; 50's and 60's are pretty normal.We have seen snow in March so maybe that will happen but so far we've only had a dusting this winter.

I am thinking about... what I want to read next, my FIL is currently at a surgeon's office, healthy recipes on TIU, I am not doing very good about not going onto social media and need to pray whenever I feel like it, and my next house needs a library. 

I am thankful... to finally feel better. Having my bones no longer ache is so nice! I still have a bit of sinus issue and nausea but so much better than a week ago.

I am wearing... black leggings, OCBD, watch, necklace, hair in a bun, and black ballet flats (currently 30% off!).

I am creating... contact lists in Excel, Outlook and Gmail.

I am going... to the Cadillac dealership and pick up Bry from school in a little while. 

I am wondering... if the Smoked Butterscotch flavor at Starbucks is any good. I may have to stop by there this week. My parents were nice enough to get B and I a Starbucks gift card for Valentine's Day.

I am learning... so much from the "Stuff You Missed in History Class" podcast. I am a history buff and am thoroughly enjoying every episode. 

In the kitchen... supper will be meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes, and salad. Cutting back on desserts to weekends only. Bathing suit season will be here before you know it!

I am reading... Downton Abbey: A Celebration by Jessica and Julian Fellowes. It is a compilation of all six seasons. 

Favorite Quote... I think women feel the need more than men to raise their voices to get what they want, but it can be more effective to keep your emotions in check.

A peek into my day... most night's I take selfies on Snapchat. I play around on their filters and have so much fun. Then I send them to my husband, who thinks I am quite weird. It's time's like this that our age difference comes out.


2 comments:

  1. A friend says it reminds her of the butterbeer at Disney World. I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...