15 April 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook for April

For Today
April 15, 2016

Outside my window... I am currently in a high rise so all I can see is clouds...lots of clouds. We have had rain and clouds with temperatures in the 60's for the last three days, but thankfully that comes to an end tomorrow. We will be sunny and warm the next ten days! 

I am thinking about... sleep. I know, groundbreaking, but since I began working outside of the home by Friday I'm wiped. It's a good tired though. I'm home by 4:30 since I don't take a lunch so I am still able to get food on the table by 6. However, I am waking up so early and my body is still adjusting. It's like when the kids go back to school after being out all summer. It takes a few weeks.  

I am thankful... that my parents worked hard for my sister and I and provided a stable home to come. I'm seeing so many instances of children coming home to violence lately. Sarah Mae's blog posts on child trafficking in India is heartbreaking but necessary to share. 

I am wearing... dress, cardigan, flats, pearls (on major sale!), watch, bracelet (half off!), black purse, and my favorite new lipgloss along with other makeup, of course. I either need to get some pearl clip on earrings or finally get my ears re-pierced.

I am creating... grocery lists as Tone It UP Bikini Series (fitness and food) begins soon. 

I am going... currently at work after dropping my son off at school (my husband will pick him up) then home after work as I am BEAT. 

I am wondering... if Muzzie really watches down on me. Do our loved ones in heaven know what we do or is that something we tell ourselves to make us feel better after they've passed?

I am learning... about social media usages (work stuff).

In the kitchen... breakfast was nutella and banana in a wrap (SO good and filling), lunch will be leftovers of chicken tenders, Annie's mac and cheese, and peaches. snack (if needed) will be trail mix from Aldi, and supper will be Tikka Masala, rice or quinoa, and stir fry veggies. If I'm super tired it will be black bean soup and biscuits from the freezer.

I am reading... I just finished The Diamond Caper and Simply Nigella (so many healthy recipes). Tonight I begin The Southerner's Cookbook and Circling the Sun

Favorite Quote... "All those things that you're worried about are not important. You're going to be great. Spend less time tearing yourself apart, worrying if you're good enough. You are good enough. And you're going to met amazing people in your life who will help you and love you." Reese Witherspoon on the advice she would give to her younger self, Glamour

A peek into my day... work selfie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...