01 May 2016

May Day


Happy May! This is my second favorite month, December is my favorite, so I am very excited for it to arrive. Outside of pollen, Spring is the perfect season. Everything is coming to life. The sun shines and it warms up but is still cool enough in the morning to go out run errands or exercise without too much wilting in the sun. Strawberries are in season and eaten plentifully with whipped cream on top. Pretty sundresses are ready to be worn with matching hats to the Kentucky Derby.  

 Sadly, I have never performed the May Pole Dance as these adorable little ladies. Do you know of the history of May Day besides it being the first day of May? I had no idea until I read this article. I hope you have a wonderful May.

A delicate fabric of bird song floats in the air, the smell of wet wild earth is everywhere. Oh I must pass nothing by without loving it much, the raindrop try with my lips, the grass with my touch; for how can I be sure I shall see again the world on the first of May shining after the rain. ~ May Day, Sara Teasdale 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...