29 July 2016

National Lipstick Day



When I was 12 years old I had horrible skin and wanted to start wearing make up to cover it up. I was an "early bloomer" so the acne started early. Before the age of 12 I was allowed to wear blush and lipgloss and had a lot of Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers. Mother very smartly said that if I am going to wear make up then I needed to have it professionally done. No frosted blue eyeshadow for me. So, she took me to a place in Louisville that used the Color Me Beautiful approach and they taught me how to apply make up, what colors looked best on me, and how to be the best me. That was a great first step. A few years later I signed onto Alix Adams Modeling Agency and they taught me even more. After modeling, I knew what colors to wear and was given tips by awesome make up artists, but I'll be honest and admit that I still primarily wore lipgloss. It was in the early 2000's, everybody did, unless you looked good in brown (I do not) as that was the color everyone wore. Mother taught me to never leave the house without lipstick and though sometimes it is lipgloss, I rarely ever rebel against her rule. Especially as I am working in an office now, I see that a bit of color on my lips will brighten up my face and make me appear more put together. I do tailor the color to what I am wearing, since I know what colors to wear, it all blends nicely. I stick to the cool shades of variations of pink. A majority of my lip colors come from my Clinique and Estee Lauder gift with purchases so except for the Chanel and Burt's Bees, I rarely need to purchase lipstick. Here are my favorite:
For the bright colors, I recommend using a primer and blotting. After applying your lipstick, take a piece of paper or tissue and place it between your lips; close then remove the paper. My niece adores Kylie Cosmetics for her lipkit colors as they stay on all day and comes with a lipgloss. I have not tried them yet so I am reticent in giving a recommendation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...