18 August 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook 8.18.16


For Today
August 18, 2016

Outside my window... It is still rather hot and humid (92, feels like 99), but it's still summer in Georgia. There is little wind so it feels quite stagnant. Hopefully the rain will hold off to get in a swim after work. 

I am thinking about... my son in heaven. He would be 12 years old today. The days get better but the anniversaries, the milestones, they do not. Normally I would be in bed watching Jane Austen movies but instead I am working and am glad for the distraction.    

I am thankful... that I have such great friends. Not a lot of friends, but the ones I have are true "ride or die" friends.

I am wearing... dress, cardigan (currently buy 1 get 1 50% off), shoes, necklace, bracelet, lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow, bronzer, fragrance.

I am going... after work, I went home. I planned to swim but as soon as I was putting on my suit when it started storming. Boo. 

I am hoping... that my son has a fun and successful senior year of high school!

In the kitchen... breakfast was Jimmy Dean meat lovers stuffed hash browns; lunch was BLT salad; dinner was Trader Joe's orange chicken and vegetable fried rice. 

I am reading... Strong and Kind by Korie Robertson (finishing tonight-will begin A Low Country Wedding tomorrow night) and Southern Lady's Autumn in the South magazine. I always snapchat when I start a new book so make sure you follow me there.

Favorite Quote... “This strangely still pause between summer and autumn, greenery and gold, and the heat and the rising wind that is once again readying itself to rush it all away in a climatic symphony of colour and scent is, in my opinion, one of the best parts of living on Earth." ~Victoria Erickson 

A peek into my day... my view from the pool yesterday.Make sure you're following me in Snapchat for my daily comings and goings. My username is vintagewasp. 

2 comments:

  1. How did you like Strong and Kind? I have it, and keep putting off reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! I think your daughter may be a little young for what she talks about but it is perfect to start young!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...