02 November 2016

Welcome November

 
My Sorrow, when she's here with me,
Thinks these dark days of autumn rain
Are beautiful as days can be;
She loves the bare, the withered tree;
She walks the sodden pasture lane.

Her pleasure will not let me stay.
She talks and I am fain to list:
She's glad the birds are gone away,
She's glad her simple worsted grey
Is silver now with clinging mist.

The desolate, deserted trees,
The faded earth, the heavy sky,
The beauties she so truly sees,
She thinks I have no eye for these,
And vexes me for reason why.

Not yesterday I learned to know
The love of bare November days
Before the coming of the snow,
But it were vain to tell her so,
And they are better for her praise. 

Where is the time going? I did not intend to take a break from blogging since September. It just happened. My husband and I are always talking about how fast time flies. I think the older one gets the faster it goes. Muzzie used to tell me that and I firmly believe her now.

I love November as theoretically it finally cools down after the very long and hot summer. This year has been particularly brutal. The windows are open and the mornings are dark and chilly. Now the afternoons are still warm so layers are required. By the time I walk out of my cold office, the leggings and cardigan are off and hair is up because it's warm.

B and I went up to Helen 2 weekends ago and it was beautiful! If you're in the Southeast, I recommend making a trip and staying in a cabin.

I need to get to work. Y'all have a great rest of your week!

Happy November!

*Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...