14 April 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today
April 14, 2017

Outside my window... It's a perfect spring day-sunny and mid-80's with tons of pollen, which is driving my allergies crazy.

I am thinking about... how blessed we are this Easter weekend. If you believe the bible, which I do, then you believe Jesus died on the cross today to be risen on Sunday.  

I am thankful... that my son is home safely from Iraq and has been visiting us off and on. I'm so proud of him and though I still worry, it's not as much as it was when he was deployed.

I am wearing... dress, cardigan (similar), shoes (to/from work), work shoes, necklace (similar), watch, bracelet, lipstick, nail polish, perfume, (will climb into these when I get home!)

I am going... home early! Woohoo!

I am hoping... to lose some of the weight I gained over the winter.

In the kitchen... breakfast was breakfast burrito, lunch was peanut butter crackers since I'm leaving early, and dinner will be baked beans, coleslaw, and cornbread.

I am reading... Miss Buncle's Book (per Anna's recommendation), She Reads Truth, and the latest issue of Garden & Gun magazine.

Favorite Quote... "A capacity and taste for reading gives access to what has already been discovered by others." ~Abraham Lincoln, whom was shot 151 years ago today

A peek into my day... my youngest son, husband, and oldest son

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...